-
-
-

Friday, September 18, 2009

Move HOME Marissa!

Marissa came to town this week.
Left to Right: Catherine, Marissa, Staci, Crystal, Brittani, Kylee
& our 13 children!- Peter Piper Pizza 9/14/09



Oh the memories I have with Marissa.
We were best friends growing up & we spent a LOT of time together.
She used my nick name "stacki" regularly
(my email address will ensure that nick name lives on forever).
I remember a lot of sleepovers in her closet. Yes, we thought it was cool to sleep in her closet, it was HUGE & I think we thought it gave us more privacy or something??
Or we'd crash in the basement.
She was my only friend with a basement & I thought it was the coolest...even when it flooded & we had to pull up the carpet to let it air out.
I loved Marissa's cooking, she could whip anything up like she had been a housewife for years, when we was only 10. I specifically remember her gooey carmel popcorn & crumb cake that I could've eaten every day of my life.
I also remember if we didn't eat our dinner at her house, her mom would make us eat it for breakfast the next day! I thought it was cruel.
Now that I am a mom, I think she was smart.
I broke a LOT of things in her house growing up.
I don't know what it was, but if I went to the Orme's, I KNEW...and they KNEW...something was going to end up broken...
or dead.
It was a curse that was not removed until they moved to Hawaii.
And actually it is probably still there, but I have yet to visit Hawaii to test it out.
They are probably thankful:)
I hopped her fence every day on the way home from Johnson Elementary to cut off a few blocks to my house. One day I scraped my arm. I still have the scar that reminds me of those fence hopping days.
Marissa was a couple months older than me, but due to July/October birthdays...we were sentenced to be in different years in school.
Come to think of it, it was probably a good thing.
We probably stayed closer because of it. And Marissa learned things the year before me, so she would teach me life lessons...like the birds & the bees:)
(No wait...I have to thank Crystal for teaching me about that one. I have a vivid recollection of learning about the birds and the bees at Taylor Jr High pool when Crystal's cousin took us to the pool to swim & filled us in. My mouth hit the bottom of the pool, I'm sure...) haha

One day we are all determined to get Marissa to MOVE HOME.
She was in Hawaii for years & now resides in Utah...where it is MUCH TOO COLD for her.
Her 2 darling little boy & gorgeous little girl need to grow up in the AZ heat.
Besides their beautiful skin would take to the sun very well.
So...what do you say?
Should Matt start looking for a house for you guys!?!? :)

3 comments:

Heidi Brinton said...

yes yes yes.. can the rest of her family move back too?!? :)

Anonymous said...

so great you guys still keep in touch. love matts white hair!

Junior and Marissa said...

Oh trust me I'm am fervently working on getting the wheels going on this side. Junior said to give him a year or two then trust me we are going to be giving Matt a call. Oh it was so good to take a walk down memory lane. My favorite thing you broke in our house: the cabinet door. It didn't just break off it's hinges it some how cracked in half! Oh the joys of life. Miss you guys so much!