I have been TRYING to decide on a color scheme for my kitchen...
My current kitchen has tan walls with black cabinets & a black table & red accents
I really like it, but I want to do something different when we move.
I have thought about every color I can think of and I THINK (still may change my mind tomorrow) I have decided to incorporate GREEN.
I have been collecting ideas for different rooms in my house & I noticed how many of the kitchen ones that I have saved had GREEN in them, so I think I will be very happy with it!
My current kitchen has tan walls with black cabinets & a black table & red accents
I really like it, but I want to do something different when we move.
I have thought about every color I can think of and I THINK (still may change my mind tomorrow) I have decided to incorporate GREEN.
I have been collecting ideas for different rooms in my house & I noticed how many of the kitchen ones that I have saved had GREEN in them, so I think I will be very happy with it!





Now...I need YOUR OPINION...
{Keep in mind that my kitchen table is BLACK}
Do we paint the cabinets white, black or green?
&
Do we paint the walls white, green, tan or another color?
Please help me decide!!!
{Keep in mind that my kitchen table is BLACK}
Do we paint the cabinets white, black or green?
&
Do we paint the walls white, green, tan or another color?
Please help me decide!!!




16 comments:
I'm liking the 2nd and 3rd pictures - green walls, white cabinets, red and black accents. The only problem with white cabinets is that they can get dirty easily, especially from cute little hands. If you do black cabinets it might be too much black with your black table (everything big would be black). You could do natural stained wood instead of paint with the green walls. I'm sure whatever you do will look awesome though, since you're good at stuff like this!
Green, black, and white is my favorite combo. Have fun!
I really like the first picture with a green accent because one day, you'll get sick of green and need a change. Then it will be much easier to switch your accent color.
My favorite green (I have it in my living room) is Promenade from Behr. Ooh, and check out my new favorite fabrics (black, white and green) http://www.fatquartershop.com/Sweetwater-Moda-Fabrics.asp?Store_Id=499&T=1
yes...love the green!
however, you are on this one for the final decision.
you are the best decorator ever- so take your own advice.
see you friday.
and i can't wait.
NANDO'S! nando's. nando's!
I love green cabinets ( a light green), I think its super cute. With black knobs or even some cute ceramic ones. Its true you could get sick of green cabinets but you could also get sick of white and black ones too. Now and then we need change. And I would keep the walls white for a crisp clean look. And still accent with reds, blacks and even yellows.
I actually love the color of green on your blog...and I vote you do it on the walls because walls are easier to change than cabinets!
my two cents...{for what it's worth}...
i had olivey cabinets in my old house & loved 'em- never got sick of them. when i moved to gilbert & had brand new pretty pine cabinets, i missed my crappy painted green ones with all my heart...they were so cute & cheerful.
in conclusion, i vote picture number 4.
I love the black cabinets, and think they would look amazing with the green accent!
I like the white cabinets with Green walls. Let Matt help you choose the green though because Green can be deceiving on a color deck. Thanks for sending me the pics of the house! It looks great, and I'm glad you could put Matt to work!
white cabinets... i love white cabinets and paint the walls green. let me know if you need help. i would love to take the boys!
we have lots of black furniture and i am starting to learn that busy little boy hands can definitely leave a mark! i'd go with white cabinets (picture #1 is my fave)! i can't wait to see the finished product!
Hey, I don't really have a good opinion about the house because I am terrible at that. But, I did want to wish you a happy birthday tomorrow. What a great birthday present, a new house. Good Luck with everything!
I agree w/ Kendra. I have white cabinets in my house, green accent walls and black appliances. Love it! ;)
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE!!!!! Keep it coming! Our kitchen will prob be the last thing on our list, since we have to paint the rooms that need carpet first...but I'm MOST excited for our kitchen, since that is where I spend a lot of my time:)
i think you should do tan walls and black cabinets. then you can add pops of green here and there. neutral colors like tan and black are classy and timeless. green (although so cute) is more of a trend right now and may be "out-of-style" in the next couple years.
Ok here's my 2 cents... but you really are awesome and need no help!... white cabinets with black knobs and green walls! That's what I would do!! Can't wait to see what you decide!
Post a Comment