This week we still got a lot done, but the progress feels slower because we are painting & EVERYTHING in the house needs to be painted.
Every door, every baseboard, every wall, every ceiling...you get the point.
And painting takes time.
My brother Matt is an AMAZING PAINTER(call him if you need the interior OR exterior of your house painted or any pieces of furniture!) He is excellent! He came over last week & painted the exterior of our house & I LOVE IT!!! This pic shows a bit of the BEFORE trim color...kinda an orangish-tanish color & the new stucco color. The best part about this project??? I didn't have to choose the colors! My brother found exterior Birchwood & Swiss Coffee paint on sale for 1/2 off, so that is what we used...saving us hundreds of dollars. Thanks Matt!! I will do a complete before & after of the paint job soon!
Every door, every baseboard, every wall, every ceiling...you get the point.
And painting takes time.
My brother Matt is an AMAZING PAINTER(call him if you need the interior OR exterior of your house painted or any pieces of furniture!) He is excellent! He came over last week & painted the exterior of our house & I LOVE IT!!! This pic shows a bit of the BEFORE trim color...kinda an orangish-tanish color & the new stucco color. The best part about this project??? I didn't have to choose the colors! My brother found exterior Birchwood & Swiss Coffee paint on sale for 1/2 off, so that is what we used...saving us hundreds of dollars. Thanks Matt!! I will do a complete before & after of the paint job soon!
We plan to eventually lay grass across the entire backyard, including where this extended patio was.
Here is a sneak peek at our awesome family room & a bit of our kitchen.
The lovely wood paneling was the selling point on this house.
Or was it the AWESOME window treatments?
Or the brown crown molding?
or the black outlets?
????????????? :-)
OR
painting over them.
We got a LOT of advice on this room, but in the end did what we wanted.
And I like the end result. A lot!
I will post pics soon, so you can see what we did to this room this week!
(and yes, since you are all dying to know...those lovely curtains are available to the first person who wants them!)
A special THANK YOU to Julie, Kylie, my Mom & my Mother-in-law for watching the boys at different times throughout this week, so I could work on the house...and a million other people that have offered their help! My kids have been having a blast, I just hope they still remember who I am after all of this!




4 comments:
Ooh, I love home improvements. I just wish I had the know how to do them!! Can't wait to see the "afters!"
Wow I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I would be so overwhelmed not knowing where to start! You are one handy woman!! I'll watch your cute kiddos anytime you need to work on the house...seriously. I know how it is trying to get stuff done with babies dipping their feet in your paint buckets! Good luck and call me!
oooh, home improvements are sooo much work! YOu are so fabulously talented though, I bet it is going to look fantastic--can't wait to see the after pics!
Is it sad that the highlight of my day is to go to your blog and see what fun new improvements you have made to your house?! :) You guys are amazing and I can't believe how fast you get things done!
Post a Comment