-
-
-

Monday, August 24, 2009

Baby or Babe

We were leaving for church last Sunday & I had Ryler on one hip and was trying to coax Parker out the door, so I could start getting them in the car.

Parker turned to me & said, "Mommy, where's babe?"
(He calls Ryler "Baby" 99 out of 100 times)

so I quickly replied, "He's right here" -showing that I was holding him on my hip

Parker said, "NOOOOO...where's Baaaabe?" Exaggerating the phrase this time.

I said, "Parker, look...he is right here...lets go get in the car please"

Parker said, "Where is BAAABE?"

All the sudden it hit me, I think he is talking about Matt...since I usually call him "Babe"
so I said,

"OHHHH...you mean daddy?"

He smiled & said, "Yes!"

I replied, "He is coming, just is just getting his shoes on"

Parker simply said, "Ok...and walked out the door"

He was just making sure that BABE...I mean DADDY was coming to church with us!:)

3 comments:

Alexa Mae said...

oh,he is so cute!! i call my kids babe and they say "i'm not Babe, thats daddy!" kids are so smart!

Lea Ann said...

That is cute. Van calls daddy Walter. Especially if Walt is not paying attention. He will use the same tone I do when I am annoyed. And Van thinks my name is "honey."

WhitJ said...

That is too funny! I call Bryan babe, maybe Christopher will pick up on it someday.