-
-
-

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jacket Weather

The 1st day of cold weather is here & it makes me SO HAPPY!

Today we headed to the ZOO with some friends & had so much fun. It was so nice to get out & the weather was perfect...even a little cold if we stayed in the shade too long!


Parker attempting to enter the Wallaby's home & make friends with them...


Parker was excited to see the SNAKES & especially loved the fake ones that he was allowed to touch...

Last time we came to the petting zoo, he would NOT touch the animals...this time EVERY animal got a little pat from Parker...

Ryler was thrilled when I let him out of the stroller at the Little People Playland...

So proud he climbed to the top of all the bails of hay...

Checking out the giraffes before heading home...
oh wait...no, we stopped at the playground for a few minutes after the giraffe, you know the one over the river, by the carousel...
Well, Parker was playing so good & before I knew it, I look & he is walking through the river...soaking wet up to his knees! I guess he didn't notice the COLD weather?!? I sighed, stripped him down, wrapped his blanket around him & we headed for home.

--------------------------------------------------


Tonight I busted out our EXTRA WARM costumes for our Ward Party (no sumo wrestler in the current weather) & I think my 2 kids were the must bundled up kids there & their hands were still FREEZING...so I have no idea what all the little fairies in their leotards were doing to stay warm!

I missed this somehow, but Matt told me about Parker's 1st time trying Cotton Candy & it was too cute not to share! (I WISH I got it on video!)

Matt took a bite of his cotton candy & Parker looked at Matt like he was CRAZY for eating that weird looking stuff. Then Matt said, "Eat it Parker, it is Candy!" Parker pulled off a piece, looked at the piece of fluff & said, "It's NOT candy Daddy" & dropped it on the ground. Matt said, "No...eat it Parker, it is Sugar" Parker said, "It's not sugar Daddy."(probably thinking Matt is crazy at this point)
Finally, Matt put a bite into Parker's mouth & he ALMOST spit it out, but then realized it tasted good & said, "Mmmm...it's sugar daddy! It's good!"

He had NO PROBLEM eating the rest of that weird looking stuff:)



Between the Zoo & our Ward Halloween Party, I think we DEFINITELY wore the boys out today!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun! and yes i think we should go to vegas.

Martie and Chad said...

Your boys are so cute. It is fun to be able to stay caught up in your life. I have a question for you. The last picture that is the dragon that says Mushu, where did you get that outfit? I need one very badly!! Let me know.

Martie