I took Parker to the Dentist today...
Yes, we JUST WENT a month ago.
But I've been feeling uneasy about it ever since we went.
I talked to my sis-in-law, Amy, and she suggested we get a second opinion(thanks Amy!)
I took him to see the new Dentist today & I feel SO MUCH BETTER about everything. Not only will it cost HALF as much...which is huge by itself! But they are not going to IV Sedate him(which I was nervous about) & they explained things more thoroughly, had a nicer office & overall I was just more comfortable with everything.
Even though we are really good about brushing his teeth NOW...we were NOT good in the past. I highly suggest that you brush your kids teeth...even if they kick and scream. It will be worth it. I'm not looking forward to his next appointment to have all of his cavities filled..
AT ALL.
BUT...at least it won't be quite as expensive as we thought!
I talked to my sis-in-law, Amy, and she suggested we get a second opinion(thanks Amy!)
I took him to see the new Dentist today & I feel SO MUCH BETTER about everything. Not only will it cost HALF as much...which is huge by itself! But they are not going to IV Sedate him(which I was nervous about) & they explained things more thoroughly, had a nicer office & overall I was just more comfortable with everything.
Even though we are really good about brushing his teeth NOW...we were NOT good in the past. I highly suggest that you brush your kids teeth...even if they kick and scream. It will be worth it. I'm not looking forward to his next appointment to have all of his cavities filled..
AT ALL.
BUT...at least it won't be quite as expensive as we thought!




3 comments:
Oh good!!
Where did you switch him to? Mckenzye HATES going to the dentist. It is such a nightmare taking her, but knock on wood, she doesn't have any cavities yet.
I'm glad you found someone you're more comfortable with. I've heard of two kids here that have been knocked out while they fill cavities (one was pretty bad - her parents used to put her to bed with juice and she would drink it all day long too). I'm glad Parker doesn't have to be though. Does his doctor have him take a vitamin with fluoride in it? That's supposed to really help. Good luck!
Post a Comment