-
-
-

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pat's Run

I ran in Pat's Run this morning at ASU
& while 4.2 miles probably seems like nothing to a lot of you...this was a huge accomplishment for me!


I'm NOT a runner...in fact, I don't think I have run a mile since 9th grade track.
Sad, I know.

So...when my friend Mandy asked if I wanted to do this run with her about 6 weeks ago, I was nervous, but decided to go for it!

We made up a schedule & started running a couple times a week at 6am.
Yes, you heard me.
SIX...O...CLOCK...IN...THE...MORNING!
If you know me...you KNOW I'm not a morning person. In fact, I avoid getting up early at all costs. So this was a BIG SACRIFICE for me. Waking up at 5:45am is not ideal, but neither is my waistline, so I committed & I'm glad I did.

The first day we ran, we weren't able to go very far, but slowly as the weeks past...
we built up our strength and endurance
& were able to go farther each week.
I was so happy that I didn't quit!
(even though there were several nights that I wanted to call her and back out of going the next morning)
Plus I was able to lose about 7 lbs in the process...I wish it was a little more, but I can't complain about losing.

Matt & Parker came to cheer me on & took some pictures as we entered the stadium(we ended on the 42 yd line-since Pat's ASU# was 42)...



We wore BLUE so that our families could spot us easily:)
Almost finished...


Tired & Red-faced, but still smiling!:)

I am SOOOO glad I did this!
It was so good to set a goal & work towards it.
THANKS MANDY!!!

------------------------


Next up...KIDS RUN = .42 miles
Parker & Tommy(Mandy's son) flexing their muscles before their race began)

Parker had to go to the bathroom last minute:(
So we missed the race starting & the excitement of all the kid's taking off at the start line...

Parker ran SOME...

but MOSTLY wanted one of us to carry him:)


He was SO TIRED from getting up early, but it was fun & I'm glad we had him do it.

He was fine to run around the field AFTER the race was over:)

So proud & showing off his shirt:)

Time to go home...


...Well, after I grab a cool drink:)
It was so fun, we all came home EXHAUSTED, but it was worth it!

6 comments:

The Barr Family said...

So fun!!!

Junior and Marissa said...

Looks so fun and I think it's great you're teaching Parker such great things and a young age!

The Giffords said...

Good Job! It looks like you guys had a good time. How fun!

Kendra said...

You are awesome! That's really cool that you stuck with it and did the run.

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

You go girl! I am so proud of you and Mandy! That is awesome. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

Mhari said...

So proud of you. That is awesome. I am walking but don't know that I'll be running anytime soon so kudos to you. :-)