I haven't done a project in awhile & decided it is because Parker stopped taking naps back in November...taking away my "crafting time"
Ryler finally got on the same schedule as Parker last May. I was SO EXCITED to have some time to myself in the afternoons. It helped since we were in the process of moving. I was able to clean, pack,etc. Then after we moved in, I was able to paint, decorate, clean, build things, etc & we were able to get quite a bit done in the 1st couple of months.
Then Parker decided that when he napped, he wouldn't be tired until midnight that night.
That lasted about a week before we started pulling our hair out & so we did away with his naps. Woohooo for early bedtime...not so wooohooo for no nap in the afternoon:(
Today the boys were BUSY little boys. Playing & playing & playing. We had preschool & then after preschool, I babysat one of the little boys in my class. Lots of playing outside! Later my sis-in-law brought her kids over so she could take her son to the doctor. More outside fun! I think my boys were in heaven.
But they were also
very
worn
out!
So I wasn't too surprised when they both fell asleep in the afternoon. I had to take advantage of the next hour of quiet.
Should I do dishes?
No way.
Laundry?
Yeah right.
Mop?
No thanks.
Take a nap?
That would be nice, but I know if I laid down, one of the boys would wake up. That is just how it works at our house.
Make something?
YES!
But what?
Who knows???
I came up with a simple Valentine's decoration & it only took about 30 minutes...
Ryler finally got on the same schedule as Parker last May. I was SO EXCITED to have some time to myself in the afternoons. It helped since we were in the process of moving. I was able to clean, pack,etc. Then after we moved in, I was able to paint, decorate, clean, build things, etc & we were able to get quite a bit done in the 1st couple of months.
Then Parker decided that when he napped, he wouldn't be tired until midnight that night.
That lasted about a week before we started pulling our hair out & so we did away with his naps. Woohooo for early bedtime...not so wooohooo for no nap in the afternoon:(
Today the boys were BUSY little boys. Playing & playing & playing. We had preschool & then after preschool, I babysat one of the little boys in my class. Lots of playing outside! Later my sis-in-law brought her kids over so she could take her son to the doctor. More outside fun! I think my boys were in heaven.
But they were also
very
worn
out!
So I wasn't too surprised when they both fell asleep in the afternoon. I had to take advantage of the next hour of quiet.
Should I do dishes?
No way.
Laundry?
Yeah right.
Mop?
No thanks.
Take a nap?
That would be nice, but I know if I laid down, one of the boys would wake up. That is just how it works at our house.
Make something?
YES!
But what?
Who knows???
I came up with a simple Valentine's decoration & it only took about 30 minutes...
If interested in the tutorial, I give more specific instructions HERE
How do YOU find time to get things done during the day???
How do YOU find time to get things done during the day???




2 comments:
I'm glad you were able to have some time to your self. Thanks for watching my kids again! I owe you.
Oh that is so cute. I like how it is not rounded off. Now that's the way quiet time should be spent. Glad you got to do something fun!
Post a Comment