Look!
He found something bigger than his head:)
He found something bigger than his head:)
We got Ryler's blood test results...
This is what the Doctor said:
"They rate the allergy on a scale from 0-5. Zero means there is no allergy, but there still could be a sensitivity to the food. So watch for a reaction as you try the foods that you think he has reacted to in the past. If they are a 1, they usually outgrow the allergy & if they are a 2-5, there is a Concern for that specific allergy."
Ryler tested 0 for Eggs & Wheat (Hooray!)
a 1 for Cow's Milk & Dairy Products (Hopefully he will outgrow it!)
2 for Soy (what? I've been giving him soy milk for months???)
& they forgot to test him for peanuts(are you kidding?)
So...they definitely could have been worse. We are grateful he is low on the scale & will HOPEFULLY outgrow his allergies. Even though he is not allergic to eggs, that is one that we will have to try & see if he is sensitive to, because last time he had eggs, he had a reaction. Peanut is also a possibility, but since they forgot to test...I guess I will try it & see what happens.
The SOY was the biggest surprise, since when about 5 months ago, I noticed his milk allergy...I switched him to Soy milk! I feel like the worst mom in the word! He is MORE allergic to soy than to milk! How was I supposed to know?? He did get better when I made the switch, so that is what I was going off of & was thoroughly confused when I got the results.
I'm so glad to finally KNOW what the allergy is though. He continued to react off and on, so that is why we finally did the blood work. I didn't know WHAT he was reacting to, I figured it was something like wheat that is in a variety of things that you wouldn't know about, unless you checked the labels.
Well..it is SOY
& soy is in SO MANY THINGS!
Go ahead, check the labels.
I made a little snack bag for church on Sunday & then quickly checked the labels on what I had packed.
Graham Crackers...have soy
Cereal...have soy
Goldfish...have soy
Snack bag cancelled.
He has been off of Soy Milk & anything with Soy in it since Saturday & he is doing so much better! I'm so glad to have pin pointed the problem & I'm sure he is too!
So...many of you have already asked, WHAT IN THE WORLD is he supposed to drink?
The Doctor has told me to put him on Rice Milk.
Fortunately, Ryler seems to like it just fine, but it has barely any nutrition, so the doctor gave me a list of things to give him to get the calcium and protein he needs.
So...there are the results...for now.
My cousin Marie suggested I get the prick test, because it is MUCH MORE accurate, so I think we will do that in the near future. I will post if anything comes back different.




2 comments:
That is just crazy! I am glad you have some information but I can't believe it is soy he is allergic too!!!
wow how crazy! My friends little boy has an aversion to milk too, so he drinks goats milk, you could try that?
Post a Comment