-
-
-

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Change of Plans...

Ask me how my 1st day of preschool went?



Go ahead...ask.




I think I will let you decide how it went, by the looks on the children's faces...



Empty Chairs & Empty Circle Time can only mean one thing...
1st day was CANCELLED due to this poor guy throwing up EVERYWHERE 30 minutes before preschool was about to begin...


I was tempted to let the kids come.
It was the FIRST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew the kids were going to be excited with backpack on, ready to go!
But I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if 8 little children showed up & went home with a yucky stomach bug.
I felt TERRIBLE as I dialed each phone number, letting the moms know that preschool was CANCELED...yes canceled.
WHO cancels the 1st day of school!??!
I do, apparently.
I felt sick. Not "Ryler sick" just sick.
I am SOOOO sorry!!!



Well...

You know my BUSY BUSY week I had this week?
Things have been changed up a bit.
My brother found someone else to make his wedding video.
Preschool has been cancelled.
No Temple tonight(for me anyways).
No helping my mom get ready for the wedding -in fear of getting someone else sick.
My busy busy week will be spent cuddling my 1 year old
&
sanitizing...sanitizing...and sanitizing...
in HOPES that nobody else picks up the bug
&
we can ALL enjoy my brother's wedding in GOOD HEALTH on Friday!


7 comments:

Kendra said...

That's the worst - canceling preschool and even more sad is poor Ryler! He looks awful. The best part about sick kids is they're willing to cuddle with you - and you don't have to worry about spoiling them!

angiedunn said...

oh, i'm so so sorry.

i know it probably feels like the end of the world seriously, but you did the right thing, sister.

feel better little guy!

Crissybug said...

What a bummer Staci! I saw on FB that Tanner was up last night throwing up...hopefully not too many more in your family will be sick this weekend.

And I bet those Mom's were glad you didn't have them all over. So don't worry. Heck...Caden doesn't start school up again until tomorrow...so just say you are on Gilbert's school schedule :o)

The Phelps said...

Cassidy had the stomach bug Saturday night and McKenzie just got it last night too. We were even out of town until Friday so who knows where we picked it up, but it has not been fun. Good idea to cancel preschool. It's so sad to see your own little babies throwing up, lethargic and dry heaving. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Hopefully you don't get it either! I know 2 other families that have had it over the weekend too!

Amy said...

UGH!... I am so sorry. Not a great day for it to happen, but it's not like you plan these things. Abby threw up once on Saturday, but I wasn't sure if she was really sick or not. Luckily it ended there. Hope he gets better soon, and that no one else gets sick.

manders said...

saddest story! i'm with angie - you definitely did the right thing. that tummy bug is WAY contagious & super yucky. i hope ryler gets better ASAP and that the rest of you can avoid the yuckiness!

The Barr Family said...

OMG little Ryler looks so sick!!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry.