-
-
-

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Our Memorial Day Weekend started early...Matt took Friday off, because his little brother Tanner got married! It was a BUSY day! Their wedding was absolutely beautiful...even when they walked out of the temple in the rain! They got some REALLY cute pics with a big black umbrella! The Allens had a FUN Mexican Fiesta Luncheon that followed the wedding, with lots of YUMMY food! It was decorated so cute & the newly married couple looked so happy!

Then I helped my AMAZING sister-in-law Heidi prepare some of the food for the reception that night. She is CRAZY, but INCREDIBLE! She caters, but this job was an ACT OF LOVE & she is also 8 months pregnant! She worked her tail off all day long & it paid off in the end, when the food at the reception was DELICIOUS! Tanner & Chaya must be living right...because we all know how much it rained Thursday & Friday...but not a drop came down during their OUTDOOR reception! They were planning to move it inside most of the day, because it kept raining...but it finally let up & the night couldn't have been more beautiful! It was a lot of fun to see family(especially YOU...Becky!) & friends & eat & dance & more! Parker tried his best to be a good sport during this LONG day...but he was NOT feeling good & I felt so bad for him!

By the way...my camera is missing:( So I got ZERO pictures of their wedding day. I guess I will have to wait & post some after they get some of theirs back! :(

Saturday we were planning to go up to my family's cabin for the rest of the weekend...but Parker was MISERABLE all day long & I called my family to see what the weather was like in Flagstaff & it has SNOWED the night before & so we decided that wasn't the best type of weather for a little boy with a cold, so we stayed home & took care of our sick little boy. Saturday night we ended up at Twilight Pediatrics, after Parker woke up from his nap with a 104 degree fever. It ended up being a NASTY sore throat, along with all his other cold symptoms(runny nose, cough).

Monday Parker was FINALLY starting to feel better! YAY! We decided to go to the Park & feed the ducks, since Matt had the day off. But of course, still NO CAMERA:( I did get a few on my camera phone...HAD TO...since this was his "1st duck feeding experience" :)Monday night we had a Memorial Day BBQ @ my parent's house. Some people braved the cool weather & went swimming, but mostly the kids just played in the backyard, while we enjoyed some good food & good company! It was SO NICE to see Parker smiling again after our long weekend!

CONGRATULATIONS Tanner & Chaya...Marriage is the BEST!!!

Oh...and if any of you find my camera...please return it to me...I really miss it. THANK YOU!

7 comments:

The Standrings said...

oh man, i hate when you can't find your camera! poor little parker. i'm glad he's feeling better though.

Briann said...

What a great weekend! I hope you find your camera!

Heidi Brinton said...

stack, emily has a blog now too! she left a comment on my blog, so go on there and then you can go to her blog! love ya

Amy said...

Oh man! I'm sorry about your camera! Glad to see what you've been up to. Seems we haven't seen you in awhile! Oh, I also like the new look of your blog, so cute!

Cherri said...

There's always something going on with you guys! so fun. I hope you find your camera soon, don't want to miss all those Kodak moments :) Good luck!

Shanell said...

I can't believe that Tanner is married. That is wierd. Hope you had a good time at YC. Fun times, and the weather although detrimental to many things was beautiful!

Kierst said...

It sounds like you had an eventful weekend even if it was not exactly what you planned....good luck on the camera hunt.