-
-
-

Monday, May 19, 2008

9 years ago...

was mine & Matt's 1st Date!!!
My little sister Heidi posted about her 1st date this weekend, since she just turned 16 & it reminded me of mine and Matt's 1st date...in May...9 years ago.

Matt had just turned 16 & asked ME on his 1st date:) Fun memory to have together!
I remember we doubled with our friends Bryan & Bettina(do you remember this Bettina?)
We went to Serrano's. I remember that we were seated near Matt's old basketball coach & his wife. I remember that the coach left, but 1st paid for our dessert. It was a nice surprise when the waiter came over with sopapillas & said the gentlemen that just left had paid for us:) How nice.
Then we went Ice Skating. I remember flirting with Matt (Matt said I flirted with EVERYONE at this age...but I like to remember it that he was the only one I flirted with) I remember TRYING TO do spins & turns on the ice & we had to hold hands to spin in circles:) I was really excited. Come on...I was 16, I was allowed to get excited about the fact that he came within a foot of me(very unlike Matt who was EXTREMELY shy).
It was a really fun date.
9 years later...here we are...married for almost 4 years & we have the cutest son in the world!

8 comments:

Kylie said...

I didn't know that you were Matt's first date..fun!! And I belive Matt (that you probably liked to flirt) Ü I'll have to check out Heidi's first date. I keep forgetting she is old enough to date!!!

Breanna Gaylord said...

hey stace, i love to remember mine and jeff's 1st date too. however, to be the FIRST EVER date is pretty cool for you guys. who knew you guys would end up together and have a beautiful family! life is crazy.

Agnes said...

Isn't it crazy how time flies? ...Tim and I will have known each other for 10years this next June...Crazy thing is, I feel like it was just yesterday! You and Matt are so good for each other!Who would of thought "first date" turns in to 9 years and counting :) I hope you are all doing great!

Catherine said...

Crazy to remember how much history you 2 have together. I am glad Matt is no longer "shy"!

Katrina said...

I just think it is so awesome you and Matt have so much history together. You guys are so cute together, oh yeah and make cute kids!

bettina said...

Oh I remember all right! It was a ton of fun! You and matt are great together!

Macey said...

Very cute. I bet you were a great ice-skater!

Shanell said...

That's so fun to have those memories together. Dale and I's first date, goofy golfing. Could we be any more mormonish?
BTW-love the blog background