-
-
-

Monday, July 9, 2007

The Ranch

One of my FAVORITE places to go is our family Ranch in Flagstaff! I have SO many fun memories of the ranch when I was younger & hope that my kids will have the same fun memories! I don't get to go up there as often as I'd like, but we were able to sneak away this weekend & enjoy the cooler weather for a little while! We had such a good time with my family & Parker seemed to LOVE it too!
This was Parker's 1st road trip & he was such a good sport in the car!
Yeah! Pine trees & cooler weather!
Grandma stuck Parker in the bird bath as soon as we got there!
I love the ranch's old-vintage lime green highchair w/a metal tray
Just chillin' on a bed on the porch with Uncle Tate
My sister Heidi & my dad just hanging out on the water trailer
When Parker went down for a nap, we were able to sneak away for a little hike Too bad it started raining while we were gone & were all wet & cold when we got back!
But my mom had just made some homeade cookies...which warmed us right up!
We LOVED hanging out on the porch while it rained & bundled Parker up real good so he wouldn't get cold! He looked SO cute!
Card games are a MUST when you are at the ranch!
And so are silly faces! (My granny was CRACKING us up with her funny faces!)
Parker loved playing cards with us
But when he got a good hand, he didn't have much of a POKER FACE!
Even my dad left the porch(his FAVORITE spot at the ranch) to play a game of Cranium with us
Reading is always fun at the Ranch

We had SO much fun! I can't wait until I get to go back again! I was SO happy it rained while we were there! There isn't anything better than being up in the mountains while it rains!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

This is the greatest post of all time....First of all, you have totally sold me on the ranch being the best place ever, and second on your mom's cookies! Too cute!

Staci said...

It is true...it is the best place ever & my mom's cookies just topped off hanging out in the mountains during the rain!!!

Anonymous said...

those pictures are so cute! i love your grandma's funny faces & of course, parker... SO cute! i love the one that seriously looks like he's playing cards! too funny!

Stevens said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Being with family on vacation is the greatest! Parker is getting big and still so cute!

angiedunn said...

k, first of all...i love that high chair, 'cause i think my grandma has the same one. and, parker as a card shark is the cutest thing in the world.

Macey said...

Oh-this made me miss Flagstaff-I was dumb though and lived there during the snow when you can't feel your fingers or your toes, and moved back to Mesa during these blistering summers...What a fun family!

Kendee said...

I want to go to the Ranch too!!!!! When can I come?

{ Bethany } said...

Awwww I can feel the cool air just reading this! Makes me get warm fuzzies all over :) We havent been up there yet this year!!!!!