-
-
-

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snap...Crackle...Hiss...


& PRAYERS ANSWERED.


2 nights ago, as we were getting ready for bed, Matt hear a LOUD POP & then a HISSING sound that continued for a good 20 minutes or so. We figured out that it was our A/C unit & it sounded like it was going to blow up! Not good.

We turned off the heat & prayed for a semi-warm night, so our boys wouldn't freeze.

Prayers answered.

The next morning, I called my cousin, who works for an a/c company, to come & fix the problem...he couldn't come that day, but scheduled for the following day.

We prayed for another warm night.

Prayers answered.

My cousin came(thanks Dil!) this morning & diagnosed the problem...

a teeny, tiny crack with a BIG, FAT....NO...LOTS OF BIG FAT DOLLAR SIGNS ATTACHED.

We needed a new unit.

I started to worry.

Maybe you are one of those people that has money coming out of your ears, but we are not... especially at Christmas time & a new A/C unit did NOT sound like my idea of a Christmas gift!

I called Matt to see what we should do, praying for an answer.

Matt remembers out of nowhere that he thinks we bought a home warranty with the house.

Prayers answered.

We call a 2nd company to come & look(we had to use a company that deals with our Home Warranty)...

He came within hours & quickly diagnoses the same problem.

BUT...told me there was no way our Home Warranty would cover it, because it was due to negligence of the previous homeowners :(

Apparently, some old wires had been left chilling in the open...ready to blow something up at any moment. The joys of buying a foreclosure.

Great, I thought. Worry started to form again. We weren't exactly planning on spending thousands this Christmas.

The technician made some calls
&
some more calls
&
some more calls
&
I prayed.

He came back in & told me that he had never heard of it, but we paid extra for an optional coverage that he had never heard of & that the warranty would pay for it!

Prayers answered.


6 comments:

Kendra said...

That's so great! I'm glad everything worked out for you. It's amazing when things like that happen and you know Heavenly Father is watching over you.

kelleen said...

What a wonderful Christmas miracle--I am so glad for you, what a scary thing this time of year, happy it turned out well for you.
Merry Christmas!

The Parkers said...

yeah!! I am glad it all worked out and less stress for you during the holidays!

Hale Yes!! said...

That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!! I love hearing stories reminding us that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHHHHH!

Kristi @ Lolly Jane said...

Such FAITH! Yay.... and phew! ;)

We missed you @ the ward party 2nite. Boo. But yay for warm heat!