-
-
-

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas was so FUN, as always!

1pm-My parent's house for presents.
Ryler was SO TIRED since he had not had a nap yet, but was trooper & loved his presents!


Parker's 1st gift was a wheelbarrow with some shovels & these green gardening gloves.
He wanted them on immediately...

and was in the backyard seconds later...

while the rest of the grandkids continued opening gifts...

Aunt Julie gave Ry this cuddly penguin with a matching blue sweater & he LOVES this thing. Every time he sees it, he goes & lays his head on it:) I think it is so cute, because it has an oversized head, just like Ryler!
2pm-Brian(Julie's brother that lived with my parents)was calling from Brazil soon, so we had to HURRY & do our adult gift exchange. It is always fun & I got a cute red magazine rack.
2:30pm-As soon as the last gift was opened, we ran over to Matt's family's house for more gift exchanges...that was supposed to start at 2pm. (Sorry we were late!)
We missed Brian's call:(




Matt's 2 sisters had us for Christmas this year & since everyone did a HOMEMADE gift this year, they made us STOCKINGS...which I LOVE SO MUCH!!!!!!
They also made one for Ryler & Parker AND made me some of the cutest headbands in the world! I posted all the cute homemade gifts on my craft blog...

My mother-in-law made EVERYONE a GORGEOUS quilt! I can't imagine how many hours she spent making 5 incredible quilts over the past year, but I love it & appreciate all the work she did for us!
Hanging out at the Allen's...

Matt's dad brought out Marshmellow guns he made for everyone & it reminded me of a few years ago when he gave us all nerf guns & a war immeidately broke out:)
They covered the backyard in marshmellows in NO TIME at all!
3:45pm-After presents, I quickly ran back to my parent's to talk to my brother Tate, who was calling home from his mission in Honduras! He gets home in July, which is CRAZY! He is doing great & it was soooo good to talk to him. I only got to hear 1/2 his phone call, by the time I had to leave...but he sounded great!
5:25pm-Hurried back to the Allen's for family dinner. Grandma & Grandpa Haws & Uncle Tom came too!

After dinner, I finally felt like I was able to relax! I felt like both sides of our family were doing things at the same time this year, which was hard...but I know it is so hard to schedule around so many different families! And I am SO grateful our families live SO CLOSE, so when we run back and forth, it is SUPER EASY since they live about 30 seconds from each other! But next year, I'm crossing my fingers one family does MORNING & one family does AFTERNOON!!:) It was such a wonderful day & I loved spending every minute with my family. I'm so grateful for my Savior & for the opportunity we have to celebrate His birth & all He has done for us!

I hope you all had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: