Matt served his mission in Chile & when he got home, he told me about these AMAZING SANDWICHES they have down there. I was doubtful, because I believe that when you are in a different country, you sometimes THINK things are delicious...when compared to the other food you are eating...but then you return to the Unites States & realize it wasn't as good as you thought.
Well, when we were engaged, we went to Utah on a trip & went to a Chilean Restaurant & had one of those sandwiches...a Churrasco...and it was in fact, DELICIOUS!
Every since then...for YEARS now, I have WANTED another one & my husband is ALWAYS craving them. I have looked for recipes online, but never found the right one for the meat & bread & was always worried about not making them right.
Well last night, I decided to go for it. I found a good recipe & I figured if it didn't work...oh well...
and if it did work...my husband would be the happiest kid on the block:)
They turned out SOOOO YUMMY, that I just have to share the recipe!
The homeade bread is KEY in this recipe.
It is called Pan Amasado
Well, when we were engaged, we went to Utah on a trip & went to a Chilean Restaurant & had one of those sandwiches...a Churrasco...and it was in fact, DELICIOUS!
Every since then...for YEARS now, I have WANTED another one & my husband is ALWAYS craving them. I have looked for recipes online, but never found the right one for the meat & bread & was always worried about not making them right.
Well last night, I decided to go for it. I found a good recipe & I figured if it didn't work...oh well...
and if it did work...my husband would be the happiest kid on the block:)
They turned out SOOOO YUMMY, that I just have to share the recipe!
The homeade bread is KEY in this recipe.
It is called Pan Amasado
1 teaspoon salt
2 envelopes yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup melted shortening
about 2 cups water
Stir the yeast and sugar into 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Set aside until almost doubled and foamy. If it does not foam, start over. Put flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well and add 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water, the yeast and the shortening. Mix until it forms a ball. Add more water or flour if needed. Knead until smooth and elastic. Turn in greased bowl until ball is greased, then cover and let rise until doubled in bulk. Turn ball out onto floured board. Divide into pieces, form into somewhat flat circles and place on cookie sheet. Cover with damp paper towels and let rise again for about 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees until brown, 15-17 minutes. Remove and cool on racks.
I experimented with the sizes of the dough...but found the best ones to be about the size of a large hamburger bun.
----
Buy beef & cut into REALLY THIN slices & season.
The recipe called for Chimichurri Sauce which consisted of a lot of ingredients that I didn't have, so I just seasoned it with salt, pepper & parsley & it turned out good.
Grill on your stove...I cooked it 2 minutes on each side & it was perfect.
add ALL OF THE FIXINS!
Meat
Provolone Cheese
Guacamole or Sliced Avocados
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Mayonnaise
Serve it HOT
*I made the bread several hours earlier, so I just heated up the bread with the meat & cheese, before adding the rest of the fixins' & it was perfect
Try it out!




3 comments:
seriously, that looks sooooo good. not to mention i am starving and need to go make dinner right now. i may just have to try that one out!
yum. how about you make the churrasco and i make the dessert. your house? :)
That sounds really Yummy! I will have to try it out sometime. Thanks
Post a Comment