-
-
-

Monday, February 25, 2008

Edward VS Jacob

Ok...so better late than never, right!?!
I know I'm a little behind on the whole "Twilight Craze" but I finally decided to borrow these books from my friend(Thanks Mandy!) & put aside all of my regular responsibilities & just READ! For one week, I looked forward to Parker's nap time so that I could read & I really didn't do much cleaning, sleeping or cooking for the week...but I finished.


AND I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS A 4th BOOK COMING OUT...TIL MANDY TOLD ME WHEN I WAS ALMOST DONE WITH THE 3rd BOOK!
I might have waited til this summer to read them, had I known!:)
Now...I am left thinking about these books & driving myself crazy until August!(which I guess isn't so bad)
I really really enjoyed the books, despite what I thought when I heard it was a "Vampire Love Story"---lets just say, it didn't quite excite me, which is why I hadn't read them til now!

Once I finished, I was DYING to talk to others who have read the book & get their thoughts, opinions, theories of what is going to happen in book 4, etc!!! I want to know what all of you thought! I LOVE Edward, but I LOVE Jacob too...I'm torn!

12 comments:

Two little lovebirds said...

I so agree with your initial thought... a vampire love story? Ugh, no thank you. Then I read them... oh my crap they are sooo good!! I am actually re reading them! And did you know a movie is in the making?!! Oh,did I ever invite you to my blog?! Email me if I didn't hthrfrzr@yahoo.com

Crissybug said...

I haven't actually took the plunge to read them, but have only heard good things about them through the blogsphere. One of these days I will actually get them, and I am sure I will be hooked.

BTW--I noticed your blog isn't private anymore! WooHoo!

Shanell said...

I may have to call you and talk over the phone, otherwise this post would be a full essay! Short version, I'm very torn between Edward and Jacob. One she would have to change for the other not, but doesn't love always make you want to change? Soo good! :Love them all and can't wait for her new book, The Host {different series} in a few months!

Koren said...

Staci, I too was forced to read these and of course was sucked in to the twilight obsession world. Parker is adorable if you like snowboarding you should come to Colorado!?!?

Kierst said...

So I agree that if I would have known that a 4th one was coming out then i would have waited to start the series- so despite the skepticism i too loved the books- crazy how varied the readers are....glad you had fun snowboarding

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

This is Matt's wife but I just had to say that I LOVED these books. My sisters told me about them and I went and bought all 3 and read them as fast as I could. You really are in your own little world while you read them. I can't wait for the book and the movie (which comes out next Christmas).

Briann said...

Hey there! I LOVE these books! I can't wait for the 4th one, AND there is a movie coming out too! go to www.stepheniemeyers.com to read all about it!

Macey said...

I am half way done with Eclipse...so I don't know what's going to happen-I jumped on the bandwagon and have enjoyed the story line, even though Ben makes fun. Can't wait to see how they make a movie out of it!

Tanilee said...

Hooray!! I'm so glad you finally read these. Shanell's comment about writing an essay cracked me up because after I finished the books I wrote a series of emails with my sister in law that seriously is an essay. A word of warning, don't visit Stephanie Meyer's website otherwise you will get sucked in even further. Except you have to go visit it because there are "deleted scenes" alternate endings and a version of the beginning of Twilight from Edward's perspective. Crap, don't get me started on this stuff, you see how I ramble? It is no good. blake got me the series for Christmas and i've so been wanting to re-read them but just haven't found the time! :( Ok, I'm done now. Call me if you ever need to have a Twilight talk. :)

{ Bethany } said...

hehe, it always gets you in the end, no matter how hard you fight it!!! I just got my friend Kim hooked on them, she finished all 3 books in a week! :)

I can't WAIT for #4...it'll be a whole year for me!!!!

OH- and it will be fun to go see the movie this summer :D

Thomas said...

ok, this is kind of good to read all of these comments so I know that I'm not the only one in love with these books. You already know that I love Edward but I still like Jacob (in a friend kind of way). Yea, I told you I was obsessed.