I am a preschool teacher.
Parker goes to "Mommy's preschool" 4 days a week, so it isn't really a surprise that he is a SMARTY pants when it comes to letters, numbers, sounds, shapes & colors. Go ahead...quiz him.
He can answer pretty much any question I throw his way about these things.
I've taught him to write his name. He is pretty good at most letters, but "P" is his favorite. Any time he sees a P, he says "MOM!!! P for Parker!!!" And for some unknown reason, he has decided to PUT HIS MARK all over my house! I have been finding random "P"'s written around my house over the last few weeks. At first it was washable marker P's found on doors & tables, which I immediately made him clean up by himself & explained to him why we don't write on ANYTHING BUT PAPER!!!
Then I started finding Pencil P's... I wasn't happy...
all over again...
and made him take an eraser and clean up what he could.
You can only imagine my JOY when I started finding PERMANENT MARKER P's around the house this week:(
and not just around the house...ALSO, IN THE VAN:(
and another one...
WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?
We have talked about this, he has been punished, I have explained the reasoning & he always seems to understand & says he won't do it again.
AND THEN...
I find another P!?!
I love this talk by President Monson.
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
I rewrote his words for my sanity's sake & will try to remember that one day I might miss them, when I most likely find a new "P" tomorrow...
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints and the letter P's that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—you will miss those P's profoundly."




4 comments:
Oh my gosh. This is hilarious! I love this. And it's so funny that it's just the letter P. Love it!
We are going through the same thing (not P's on the walls) just drawing on the walls but a P...seriously funny (not good but funny :)
Hilarious! When I was teaching art, Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser took permanent marker off EVERY single surface. It will work and make all those cute P's seem cute ;)
CONGRATS on baby boy #3!!!!!!! xoxo
This just made my morning! I realize that its funny to me because its not my house, car or play things.....
Post a Comment