Don't let your 2 year old watch MONSTERS INC...
I don't care HOW FRIENDLY they look!
I don't care HOW FRIENDLY they look!

...unless you want him waking up in the middle of the night EVERY SINGLE NIGHT screaming!
I made a BIG BIG BIG mistake & have been sleep deprived for the past week because of it.
I thought that MIGHT have been the reason he has not been going to bed good since we got back from our cabin, but my thoughts were confirmed yesterday when I put him down for his nap & he was SCREAMING. He has been doing this every night & for his naps & I usually give up and just lay with him until he falls asleep. I finally asked him why he didn't want to go to bed. Parker said, "I'm scared" then pointed to his bed & said, "Monsers...unner bed".
Yep...Monsters Inc is definitely the culprit!
I feel so bad!




6 comments:
oh no. i love this movie. staci- anyway you could make the trek to utah??? i need to see you.
i need to see you too. Staci we all know nothing it the same without you around and am still hoping that a surprise will happen and you will appear in Utah...
oh darn. sorry 'bout that.
i've never seen monsters inc...but a MILLION peeps have told me that chloe voice/looks remind them of the little girl on that show. i need to watch it, i guess. (:
I was just thinking of letting Hallie watch that. But...maybe I should reconsider? She likes monsters but I do remember the under the bed thing. Poor Parker! I hope he gets over it very soon!
That's no good! No sleep for you is even worse. Good luck. I hope you all can sleep again at night real soon.
Ohhhh, how sad! I know there are many methods for helping kids to feel safe when they hit the monsters stage, but the only one that's coming to mind is a "monster spray" - A spray bottle with liquid in it. Then at night they can spray it under the bed or in the closets to get rid of the monsters or to make the monsters happy or go to sleep or something. I seem to remember a mom putting a drop of food coloring in so it didn't look just like water, but I don't know that you want even very diluted colored water sprayed in your house! :) Maybe take some fabreeze and put it in a spray bottle? Then Parker could smell it as he is falling asleep and maybe associate the smell with safety? I don't know, but good luck. And try not to feel so guilty. You're a good mommy.
Post a Comment