-
-
-

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Relief

Things got worse before they got better, but Ryler is finally getting some relief from being sick!

After ending up in the ER Sunday morning, Sunday was ok... he seemed to be getting better & slept ALL NIGHT...until 5am Monday morning. He woke up with the barking cough again & was gasping to breathe. I almost headed to the ER again(since the Pediatrician wasn't open). Instead, I took him on a walk around the neighborhood about 5:30am to get some fresh air & it helped a bit. We waited until a decent hour...about 7:30am and called my bro-in-law to borrow their breathing machine. As soon as I gave him a breathing treatment, he was doing much better & fell asleep from about 9am-11am. 

BUT...
when he woke up, he was worse. Even his regular breathing was irregular & sounded like he was having trouble getting air. I gave him another breathing treatment & it didn't help a bit...so off we went to the Pediatrician...

He was sitting here, watching the movie they were playing & the receptionist came out in the waiting room to make sure he was ok. She couldn't believe how loud his regular breathing was. It was sad.
But by the time we saw the doctor, about 1 hr later, his breathing had regulated & sounded much better. 
The doctor gave him a steroid shot to open his airways & I saw immediate relief! He fell asleep on the way home & slept from about 4pm-6pm. 

He slept ALL NIGHT(yay! Finally feeling better!) & slept until 10:30am on Tuesday !!! Holy Moly!
Then he fell back to sleep at Noon & I had to wake him up at 4pm! He was doing some serious recovering...his poor body was so tired!

He is finally doing GREAT & I'm so glad he happy & healthy again!!!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

That is a nice stroller! I keep watching Craigslist for one too but I know we won't be able to buy one for a while. I am so glad that Ryler is feeling better. Sick little kids are not fun (especially when you're not getting sleep).