We mostly LABORED all weekend, but I suppose that is pretty fitting for this Holiday Weekend. We got a LOT accomplished & we finally feel like we have room for this BABY in my tummy! We are getting more excited every day & can't wait to meet him!
--------------------------
--------------------------
Of course we DID make PLENTY of time for PLAY this weekend too!
Here is Parker playing catch with Grandpa Allen. The fireman hat blocked his vision a bit, but he refused to take it off:)
We went and watched the fireworks Saturday Night (The Central Christian Church put on a GREAT display, since they didn't do them for 4th of July) & while I always seemed to miss the actual fireworks in the picture...I thought this was a cute one of my boys watching the show together:)
Here is Parker playing catch with Grandpa Allen. The fireman hat blocked his vision a bit, but he refused to take it off:)
Sunday was such a FUN day:) We headed out to Laveen for Brogan's Baby Blessing. Matt's brother Craig gave him such a sweet blessing & after church we headed over to their house for a DELICIOUS lunch...thanks to my amazing sister-in-law Heidi's cooking skills!
We had so much fun spending the day with them & had to get a picture of the 3 Allen Grandkids--even if Parker looks like he has something sour in his diaper:)
We LOVED having Matt home from work on Monday & headed to Peter Piper for lunch. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot...Parker said "Shoobit" -which if you have forgotten, translates to "Shoot It" which is what he says when he wants to play Basketball.
He could have played for HOURS on end...and I must say he is getting pretty good. That hoop we got him at home, must be good practice!
Monday night we went over to my family's for a BBQ & swimming and had so much fun playing with all of the cousins.
Now I guess it is back to REAL LIFE of no hubby home all day:( But it was such a FUN weekend as a family!
AND if you didn't already know, I have decided NOT to teach preschool this year and I can't say that I'm not glad that I'm not having my 1st day of school today! Instead I can relax & get things done around the house & play with Parker. I LOVED teaching & hope to do it again in the future, but with being pregnant & everything...I decided it would be better not to teach this year & I feel so good about that decision.
-----------------------
On another note...
Matt & I have decided to sell a car & see how we handle things with ONE car!
I will admit I was really nervous at 1st.
I did NOT want to be STUCK at home ALL DAY LONG.
But then I thought about it.
I don't really plan to leave the house much when I have 2 kids at home, juggling naps, meals,etc. SO it makes perfect sense, since we have NO need for 2 cars right now.
We will save HUNDREDS of dollars on Insurance & Gas each month & we won't have to worry about maintenance(oil changes, tune-ups) expenses on 2 cars.
...BUT WHAT IF I NEED THE CAR???
Easy. I can take Matt to work whenever I need the car that day OR he will ride his bike! Problem solved.
But who wants to show up to work all SWEATY in this 100+ degree heat?
NOT Matt...and I'm pretty sure Matt's co-workers would put in a complaint if Matt started filling the bank with a stinky B.O. smell.
...so we found this SWEET CHINESE BIKE...and HAD TO GET IT!!!
(Note...this is what I WANTED Matt to blog about...you know...that LARGE THING that has been sitting in the middle of MY kitchen...but it wasn't happening, so I decided to go ahead & do it. By the way. I stopped Matt at the front door Friday after work to take this picture & he would NOT cooperate...but I bribed him & he finally let me take one. Thank you for being a good sport! )
If you are wondering WHAT IN THE HECK Matt is riding on...
It is called an E-Bike (Electric Bike)...shipped straight from China:)
You can peddle it just like a normal bike if you feel the need to exercise OR you can push a button & it goes on its own(no sweating involved)! You still ride it in the bike lane/sidewalk like a NORMAL bike, so... NO Insurance...NO Registration...and most important...NO GAS! I'm SURE we have already started SAVING! He rode it to work a couple times last week, rides it to Physical Therapy at night & has even rode over to the Grocery Store to pick some things up for me! And I feel like it is safer than a motorcycle or a scooter, since you don't ride on the road...but please don't HIT HIM!
We are excited for the money we will save with getting rid of a car & with Matt riding this E-bike to work.
So...if you see Matt riding down the road on this Strange Chinese Contraption...don't forget to HONK!!! :)




12 comments:
I'm glad you had a good weekend and that you got some things done. That always feels good! That video of Parker is so cute! He's pretty good!
Parker is amazing at basketball. I was wanting to see if we could live with only one car, but Jonathan works too far away. I am glad that you could make it work. Just so you know, you can borrow our car anytime you need it.
I love the video of Parker shooting basketball. We are down to one car and it works great for us. I just hope he has a helmet!
this was such a fun post!! parker is soooo good at basketball!! he is so precious. im lovin that EBike. thats too funny! we will honk if we see him! i didnt know you taught preschool?? that would've been so hard with 2 babies. good choice! see ya soon girly!
sounds like you guys had a great...busy weekend. I love the Ebike :) very good alternative! I am glad that you could do that. I wish we could do that but with Robert working 25 miles away it wouldn't really matter if he didn't have to peddal he would still be hot and sweaty in this heat! Parker is quite the basketball player :) cute video!
I love that post!Cool bike Matt! Good attitude Staci about the whole "One car thing." It's a sacrifice, but you're so right it will all work out just fine!I'm glad you feel prepared for baby that always feels good!
The bike is great! Do you think we can get one with a trailer for Matt to pull painting supplies?
aaaah just read your TRAGIC posts and when i saw your hubby's new jap bike, had to smile:) that is HiLaRiOuS!!! go matt... so eco-friendly!
Ok, so the other night, we almost HIT MAT! Dale is like, who is that and what are they riding? It was totally Mat. We stopped and talked for a few minutes. Labor day looked like fun. I can't wait to see all the changes in Baby's room.
I love the bike! We used to have one when I lived at home, it was awesome. What a fun Labor Day, I know I love having hubby home all day long.
Staci its Whitney Jensen/Paul, I was on Afton's blog and spotted yours so I thought I would say hi. I love this post, Bryan and I have recently gone down to one car since our move to Texas for school. I get the car and Bryan has been taking the bus at the crack of dawn. I think we need to check out the E-bike! That is hilarious.
yah so i am laughing so hard right now at that picture. i am going to drive in your neighborhood just so i can honk at matt :)
Post a Comment