-
-
-

Monday, March 4, 2013

Parker and Money

The other day about 4:00pm, Parker announced "we need to go to Grandma's right now!" I told him we couldn't today and he said, "I have to go pick lemons, dad told me I have to do a lemonade stand today". I told him it was too late for a lemonade stand and asked when dad told him that. He said, "when I was on the phone with him(during Matt's break) he told me I need to do a lemonade stand to buy an iPad."

Matt's side: Parker got on the phone and said, "Dad, have you bought my iPad yet?" Matt laughs and tells him if he wants his own iPad, he would have to get busy doing lemonade stands and earn his own money" haha

Well Parker took him very seriously and was not thrilled when I said he couldn't do a lemonade stand that day, but I told him he could go pull weeds if he wanted to earn money. He didn't seem thrilled with my suggestion and went to play with Ry in the playroom. Not long later, I went in the playroom and he wasn't in there. Ryler didn't know where he was so I search the house and all the sudden he comes walking through the house...from the back door to the front door with his shopping cart full of weeds. He was taking them to dump them in the green barrel:)

I was impressed he went to work on his own and told him for every hopping cart full of weeds he dumped in the green barrel I would give him a quarter. He kept working away and finally came in and told me he had dumped 9 LOADS!!

I ask him if he would like 9 quarters or 2 dollars and 1 quarter, since they are the same amount. He thinks for a minute and said, "I want 2 dollars and one quarter, but I want one of the dollars to be a twenty."

Ha ha!!! Smart kid;)



No comments: