-
-
-

Monday, August 2, 2010

LA Trip Day #1

We took our FIRST VACATION WITHOUT THE KIDDOS!!!
It was amazing.
I am going to post about each day individually, because there are a million pictures, so I want to break it up & I want to include all of the fun things we did & don't want this post to be 5 pages long:) 
 
Our good friends, Bryan & Natalie had the great idea to go to LA for a few days together & we quickly agreed! So glad we followed through on the great idea!

Day ONE:

woke up at 4am...yikes!
Bryan & Nat picked us up and we headed for LA...arriving about 9:30am
waking up early paid off, we had the entire day ahead of us.
Checked in at hotel 
& changed into our swimsuits & headed out!
1st stop: LUNCH at  Rincon Chileno
*you better believe Matt found this place after googling Chilean food in LA

Very glad he did.
Authentic food and it was delicious.
The Churrasco is my favorite & it did not disappoint. 
I've been wanting one ever since we had one in Orem, UT a few years ago.

They had one little table in the middle of this little bakery/cafe...
just for us! The empanadas were delicious too!
Off to the beach!
A beautiful drive up along the coast & over some pretty amazing bridges.
before arriving at Huntington Beach 
It was beautiful!
We thought about swimming, but the water was freezing.
So we walked along the beach instead 
 The boys threw a frisbee in the ocean & us girls relaxed in the sand.
We found some street performers to entertain us.
After a few hours on the beach we headed up the street & tried Sushi for the 1st time!
(not counting the time I had it on the airplane on the way to Japan & it was NASTY)
So glad we did, we were both nervous but  our friends knew of a great restaurant & we LOVED it!
That was our appetizer & as we were walking along some shops, a guy gave us 50% off coupons for a nearby restaurant.
2nd Floor. 
We decided to check it out.
The food was DELICIOUS. 
I got my fish tacos I wanted!
And we finished just in time to walk back to the beach and watch the sunset.
it was beautiful.
and I was cold...in July, imagine that!
and then we headed to Goodwill, of course;)
California Goodwills don't mess around!
Our men found some hot jackets.
and some more.
We found a couple items worth buying(not the jackets)
& then headed out to grab some Frozen Yogurt. yum!
Then back to the hotel for games.
Monopoly Cards was the choice.
Everyone won a round except me:(
I need to practice up on my card skills.
The day was perfect.



5 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Loved all of your pictures. So glad you took a trip for yourself because you deserve it!

Cotter said...

oh my goodness!! i bet that was so fun! cant wait to see more pictures. we do need to get together. we r free anytime this week so just let me know when u guys can.

Debbie said...

oh I'm so excited to hear all about your trip. We are leaving early in the morning to do the same thing and I'm going to have to keep checking your blog to find out place we should go. Looks like a blast!!!

Kristi @ Lolly Jane said...

That Goodwill is AWESOME!! Holy cow!
What a fun trip... now post day 2! :)

The Atomic Mom said...

You are tempting me with LA Fashion Dist...since NYC is so far! :)