-
-
-

Friday, June 5, 2009

6 Months!

Ryler is 6 Months Old!!!


We went to the Doctor today for his 6 month well check/shots & our BIG BOY is healthy as can be! Here are his stats:
Weight: 20 lbs 11 oz - 90%
Height: 27 inches - 75%
Head: 18.25 - 97%
I wish chubby thighs were that cute on me!
After his shots...
He was pretty sad, but cheered up pretty quickly.
Here he is with a small smile, with tears still running down his sweet cheeks!

Sleep Habits:
These past few weeks he has been up a LOT at night:(
Which makes for a VERY TIRED MOM!!!
I finally discovered what has been bothering him, when his FIRST TOOTH broke through 2 days ago...followed by his SECOND TOOTH the next day!
He takes a 2 to 3 naps a day...either 2 longer ones or 3 shorter ones...
depending on if we are home or running around town(he falls asleep in the car no matter what!)
He sleeps on his back with his pacifier & likes to have a blanky to snuggle with.
As soon as he seems tired, we can lay him down in his crib awake & he usually falls right to sleep, which is really nice.

Play Habits:

Ryler WANTS to crawl, but isn't quite there yet. He can roll all over the floor & turn in circles on his belly & will be crawling before we know it, I'm sure. He LOVES to sit up & play with toys. He chews on EVERYTHING in sight(makes sense now that his bottom 2 teeth have popped through). He LOVES to sing songs & laughs if we play Patty Cake with him. He LOVES having your attention all to himself & gets a LOT of attention with those cute dimples of his! It seems like he is rarely put down at a family get together & Parker & I keep him pretty entertained at home:) We have discovered his LOVE for WATER this month & enjoys every opportunity to play in the pool! He loves to sit in his walker & can even push himself around if he is on tile. He is VERY TICKLISH & will laugh and laugh if you tickle him! He LOVES to take baths & can now sit up in the tub & take baths with his brother. He is SUCH a joy to be around & is almost always smiling!

Eating Habits:
Ryler WANTS to eat everything we eat! I can see it in his eyes:) He is ALWAYS watching us with big jealous eyes at meal time. He eats rice cereal/oatmeal twice a day...morning & night right now. H eats 5 times a day...around 5 am- 9am - 1pm-5pm & 8pm...I'm HOPING he will get rid of the 5am feeding SOON & all will be wonderful! He started eating veggie puffs this month & Parker LOVES to feed them to him! He has had his first tastes of "real food" this month--not really eating, but sucking on graham crackers, grapes, apples & animal crackers.
BROTHERS
Parker & Ryler are BEST FRIENDS already!!! From the minute Parker wakes up, he gives his attention to Ryler & whenever Ryler is napping, Parker will say "Where'd baby go?"
I have to remind him to be SOFT with him still, but even if he isn't...Ryler is the most mellow baby & will usually just smile...even if Parker is squeezing his cheeks, wiggling his arms, sitting on his back...he just seems to love that his big brother is playing with him:)






Any FIRSTS this Month???
1st...TWO teeth
1st time to try Jar Food-Green Beans & LOVED every bite!
1st Swim

1st TRIP...to our friends cabin in Strawberry:)
which also included his 1st time to Fossil Springs...which is pretty good, considering it was also MY first time to Fossil Springs!

HAPPY 6 MONTHS!!!
May the next 6 not fly by QUITE so fast!!!

6 comments:

Britt said...

Yay for baby Ryler! He is seriously so stinkin cute Staci! I'm sad that I don't get to spend as much time with him as I did with Parker, because I think that he smiled at me a lot more than Parker did which is saying a lot! I just love your two little boys so much! (and I love you too!)

Anonymous said...

Glad you came over with your kids. Love them and love you!

The Standrings said...

what a cute, smiley boy!!! and i just want to squeeze those thighs! he is sooo cute, stace.

kelleen said...

He is absolutely adorable! You have the cutest little guys!

Kendra said...

He is such a cute little baby! I love his rolls. Crue is sitting here with me and kept saying baby! baby! at all of his pictures. That's awesome that Parker and Ryler get along so well.

bettina said...

I want those chubs! not on me of course, but maybe Ryler could share some with Beau! Happy 6 months Ryler!