-
-
-

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Detour...

I have been on a
Barro's kick lately.

WHY? Well...they have the kiddie room in the back, where the kids can play & Matt & I can sit & eat our delicious pizza & chat, while Parker happily plays. AND...Parker LOVES Pizza, so not only can he play...but he actually eats when we go there!


So...the ECONOMY is AWESOME right now & my husband works for a bank, so we have COMPLETE SECURITY there...so we thought we could afford to splurge & meet for lunch today:) So...we met at Barro's...a half-way point between home & work.

MEET FOR LUNCH, you ask??? But I thought Matt came home EVERYDAY for lunch...one of the MANY WONDERFUL things about working a few short miles from home.

Well guess what...things CHANGE :-(

Matt has been moved to the downtown branch...for a time frame that is unknown to us...could be awhile...we don't really know. It has already been a few weeks & sounds like it is going to be quite a bit longer...

I complained at first. Alot. I was spoiled having him home every day for lunch for the past 10 months. I liked that he arrived home 5 minutes after he got off work. I wasn't very happy with this change. Remember our PLAN of going down to one car & he could ride his SWEET bike the 3 miles to work everyday. Remember ALL that money we were going to save on this plan of ours?

Well...guess what? Things CHANGE...

And I'm DONE complaining & just feel VERY VERY THANKFUL that he has a good job during this crazy time in our economy...

I can deal with the rest! :)

5 comments:

Alexa Mae said...

your lucky your pregnant. i wish i was so that i could have the excused of eating barros everyday. no such luck.
parker is the cutest lil basketball i have ever seen!! your sister looks familiar...what is your maiden name??
and i am jealous that you've been to the zoo already. i cant wait.

Shanell said...

I love barros. I am sad you don't have a lunch date anymore. What's in the cards now? Lunch with me, everyday! I would do it! When is the next zoo trip?

The Parkers said...

That stinks about the job...I would love to see Ben home for lunch everyday! Anyway we are making our plans for next week being in ARIZONA and so I am just seeing if I can get some much needed hanging out time with you gals!! Let me know what your schedule is like and hopefully we can meet up more than once!! Can't wait to see you!

Tannis said...

Thanks again for doing my hair!! I loved it!!!

PS I love your blog! Parker is stinkin adorable

the Hess' said...

yummy. Barros is my favorite PIzza for sure.