Update: There will be a viewing, Friday, Oct. 31st 4-7pm & the Funeral will be held Nov. 1st @10am. Both will be held at the Red Mt. Institute Building.
The Boys...
The Boys...
This weekend brought some extremely sad news, as we found out that our good friend, Shane Figueroa, was killed in a car accident early Saturday morning. Shane was a Phoenix Police Officer & was hit by a drunk driver while on duty & left behind a beautiful wife named Melisha & a 3 month old daughter named Kenzlie.


This has been a very tough weekend, as my husband is dealing with losing one of his closest friends. Matt had a close group of guy friends growing up (a few are missing from the pic above, from Bryan Hatch's wedding) & they have continued to stay close through college, missions, marriages, children & more. You can imagine how devastating it was to hear about the loss of a life long friend. Matt & I have known Shane since Elementary school & he has always been an amazing friend...we will truly miss him. We don't know WHY things happen, but know we WILL see Shane again & we send our prayers to the Figueroa Family & the Pew Family at this time. My heart is aching for Melisha & hope and pray she is able to find some peace during this very difficult time & for what lies ahead.
If you knew Shane & would like to contribute a story/thought/memory/picture to a book that Nate & Teresa Haslam are creating, please go HERE. I know many of you knew Shane & I think this book is a great way to share our memories!
Please keep Shane & Melisha's & their FAMILIES in your PRAYERS...




6 comments:
Thanks for the help. We all need to sit and discuss how we would like to do the final. I would like everybodies thoughts. I think how many memories we get will determine what gets done with it( As far as scrap booking is concerned)We will have to see. I will keep you updated on how things are going. Talk with you soon.
Stacy,
I'm so sorry to hear about that. I just found out that one of they guys I grew up with and went to church with passed away very suddenly too. I didn't think we were old enough yet to have to go through that kind of stuff.
Much Love,
Mhari
i saw it on the news monday morning and could not believe it. my heart goes out to melisha and their daughter too.
Hey Stacy have you heard when the funeral is? I am really wanting to go but have not heard anything.
I am so sorry to hear about that. I've heard such great things about Officer Figueroa. I hope Matt is coping well. We'll keep both your families in our prayers. XO
This kills me, tell your friend she's got people praying for her everywhere. {I'm Kristi's twin btw} My hubby is a Scottsdale officer and this hit too close to home. I'm truly sorry for your friend and realize this is the wife of a cop's worst nightmare. I hope she can find comfort through our Savior.
Post a Comment